construction of a new brick fence and protective fire-wall.
Our project management services are always included within the scope of our engagement for the brick fences that we build. We support our clients through the concept, develop, approve, tender and contract stages to ensure construction progresses as smoothly as possible.
Construction of our brick fences is performed by Black Barrow team members and by our core team of skilled contractors to ensure that we create the new brick fence we discussed when we first said hello. We pride ourselves on the way we communicate with our clients throughout our projects; providing regular updates as the work progresses or as changes are made along the way.
The project comprised the construction of a new brick fence to act as a protective firewall surrounding gas infrastructure in Vermont South. The project scope included:
- 49 lineal metres of 3.0m high brick firewall
- 18,000 bricks demolished by hand
- 16,500 bricks laid
- Integration with manual entry weld-mesh pedestrian gates
- Installation of tiger tape
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Location of existing and redundant in-ground gas infrastructure
- Hand demolition required for all brickwork
- Working from the adjoining owner’s property
- Demolition of redundant in-ground concrete footings adjacent to in-ground gas infrastructure
- Night works required due to extreme heat