project management of a new palisade high security fence.
Powercor’s Shepparton depot required coordination between two different project management and design teams to allow the construction of the new palisade high security fence to progress concurrently with the construction of the new depot.
Design solutions were required to accommodate the proposed fence lines, access to a retarding basin adjacent to the western boundary and the location of in-ground services and easements. Amendments to existing permits were also required to accommodate the construction of a section of the high security fence over an easement.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, eastern and western boundaries of Powercor’s new depot in Shepparton. The scope of our project management services included:
- Procurement of design consultants
- Supervision of on-site investigations
- Review all design documentation and advice
- Submission of permit applications
- Administration of all Consultant Services Agreements
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Location of proposed fence lines
- Design solutions to accommodate in-ground services and easements
- Amendments to existing permits and endorsed drawings
- Address and resolve council and authority concerns and queries regarding the design
- Liaise with Powercor staff and contractors to determine appropriate staging of the works