construction of a new palisade high security fence.
Our project management services are always offered within the scope of our engagement for the high security fences that we build. We support our clients through the concept, develop, approve, tender and contract stages to ensure construction progresses as smoothly as possible.
Construction of our high security fences is performed by Black Barrow team members and by our core team of skilled contractors to ensure that we create the new high security fence we discussed when we first said hello. We pride ourselves on the way we communicate with our clients throughout our projects; providing regular updates as the work progresses or as changes are made along the way.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, eastern and western boundaries of Powercor’s new depot in Shepparton. The project scope included:
- 460 lineal metres of palisade high security fencing
- 175 posts – 525 rails – 2,900 palisades – 8,700 bolts
- 5 manual entry palisade pedestrian gates
- 1 pair of palisade swing gates, each 5.0m wide
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Construction during Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 Covid-19 restrictions
- Sharing the site with another commercial builder
- Sharing the site with Powercor appointed contractors
- Living away from home considerations for all team members and contractors
- Ground conditions and heavy rainfall