construction of a new palisade high security fence.
Our project management services are always offered within the scope of our engagement for the high security fences that we build. We support our clients through the concept, develop, approve, tender and contract stages to ensure construction progresses as smoothly as possible.
Construction of our high security fences is performed by Black Barrow team members and by our core team of skilled contractors to ensure that we create the new high security fence we discussed when we first said hello. We pride ourselves on the way we communicate with our clients throughout our projects; providing regular updates as the work progresses or as changes are made along the way.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, southern, eastern and western boundaries of Powercor’s depot in North Geelong. The project scope included:
- 800 lineal metres of high security palisade fencing
- 303 posts – 909 rails – 5,100 palisades – 17,100 bolts
- 317 lineal metres of reinforced concrete plinth
- 2 manual entry palisade pedestrian gates
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Construction adjacent to significant in-ground gas infrastructure
- Construction adjacent to an active rail yard and rail corridor
- Working within an active depot and significant night works
- Significant microtunnelling for the relocation of sewer pipes
- Variable ground conditions and heavy rainfall