construction of a new palisade high security fence.
Our project management services are always offered within the scope of our engagement for the high security fences that we build. We support our clients through the concept, develop, approve, tender and contract stages to ensure construction progresses as smoothly as possible.
Construction of our palisade high security fences is performed by Black Barrow team members and by our core team of skilled contractors to ensure that we create the new high security fence we discussed when we first said hello. We pride ourselves on the way we communicate with our clients throughout our projects; providing regular updates as the work progresses or as changes are made along the way.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, southern, eastern and western boundaries of United Energy’s depot in Mornington. The project scope included:
- 385 lineal metres of palisade high security fencing
- 147 posts – 441 rails – 2,500 palisades – 7,500 bolts
- 167 lineal metres of reinforced concrete plinth
- Sewer and stormwater upgrade works
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Construction adjacent to significant in-ground and above-ground telecommunications infrastructure
- Working within an active depot
- Upgrading of live sewer and stormwater services
- Heavy rainfall and extreme heat
- Variable ground conditions