project management of a new palisade high security fence.
United Energy’s Mornington depot presented three unique challenges; the location of significant in-ground telecommunications infrastructure, elevated neighbouring car parks adjacent to the southern boundary, and the location and condition of existing sewer and stormwater pipes and pits servicing the depot.
Electronic in-ground services locating suggested that the documentation detailing the location of in-ground services was incomplete and inconsistent; posing a significant risk to the construction of the new security fence. As with all projects we are engaged on, non-destructive hydro-excavation was used to determine the exact locations of services to ensure the design documentation was accurate, and as many potential construction issues were resolved prior to the submission of permit applications. The design for a section of security fence along the southern boundary was also changed to accommodate the elevated car park adjacent to the fence; preventing scaling of the fence by intruders.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, southern, eastern and western boundaries of United Energy’s depot in Mornington. The scope of our project management services included:
- Procurement of design consultants
- Supervision of on-site investigations
- Review all design documentation and advice
- Submission of all permit applications
- Administration of all Consultant Services Agreements
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Extensive locating and proving of in-ground services
- Neighbouring properties and elevated car parking
- Address and resolve council concerns and queries regarding the design
- Liaise with United Energy staff and contractors to determine appropriate staging of the works