project management of a new palisade high security fence.
Powercor’s Kyneton depot required coordination between two different project management and design teams to allow the construction of the new palisade high security fence to progress concurrently with the construction of the new depot.
Design solutions were required to accommodate the variable ground conditions present on site, a sleeper retaining wall along the length of the northern boundary, landscaped swale drains along the northern, eastern and southern boundaries, and requirements to work from the adjoining owners’ properties.
The project comprised the construction of a new palisade high security fence to the northern, southern, eastern and western boundaries of Powercor’s new depot in Kyneton. The scope of our project management services included:
- Procurement of design consultants
- Supervision of on-site investigations
- Review all design documentation and advice
- Submission of permit applications
- Administration of all Consultant Services Agreements
Key considerations and challenges for the project included:
- Variable ground conditions
- Design solutions to accommodate the stormwater drainage system
- Liaise with neighbouring property owners for access during construction
- Address and resolve council concerns and queries regarding the design
- Liaise with Powercor staff and contractors to determine appropriate staging of the works